To dispense, sell, import or otherwise distribute alcoholic beverages to the general public, one must be issued the proper license from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission and/or the local beer board.  The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission issues over fifty (50) types of licenses and permits—and each of those licenses and permits have specific definitions and requirements.  Many of the applications for these licenses may require over twenty documents to be submitted before an application is considered complete.  Numerous questions arise:  for example, “Can you sell alcohol if you operate a bar or do you have to also serve food?”  or “Do I have to have a license if I am only giving away alcohol??

Danielle Elks has over twenty-five years experience preparing and reviewing all license and permit applications.  In fact, she created many of the forms in use by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission.  Feel confident when using Elks Law to assist you in all your licensing and permitting needs.

  • Liquor-by-the-Drink
  • Retail Package Store
  • Beer Permits
  • Retail Food Store/Grocery/Convenience Store
  • Wholesale
  • Distillery
  • Charity and Festivals
  • Delivery Service


For questions or comments please email below or call Danielle Elks at 615.243.1844